Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Where have the days gone?

It's Wednesday morning and I'm thinking where have the days gone?
I've been on quite a roll since last Friday.

Twice I've had the pleasure of dining @Michael's Genuine Food in
the Design District.

I've been a fan of Chef Michael Schwartz's since he first started
on NE 40th Street.

On Friday I met old friends for a wonderful lunch and loved every
minute of it. I got to see Heather Nagel, who I known since she was
a two year old in Nursery School @Bayshore Private School in
Coconut Grove where I was working @the time.

I hadn't seen Heather in maybe 20 yrs. Imagine that? I'm so LOL.
Where does the time go?

Meanwhile Heather has matured into a beautiful, poised, professional
young woman living in NYC. It was her choice to dine @Michael's,
as she's a "foodie" and insists on visiting this establishment whenever
she's in Miami.

On Saturday, after a day of fun with The MiMo Street Festival,
I attended LA Boudior and Ladder Gallery's collaborative
presentation of Cupcake Burlesque.
What a show.
Three remarkable, talented, young women performing the age old
Burlesque of yesteryear, flawlessly.

Then back to Michael's Genuine for Brunch with more friends
and my 90 yr. old Mother on Sunday.

Double shout out to all the staff @Michael's, BTW...
They always make me feel so welcomed and appreciated.
Reminding me of a quote I recently heard...
When the Dutchess of York was asked which is/was, her favorite
restaurant, she replied, "anywhere they know my name".

Monday and Tuesday were spent @the Studio working on
projects and meeting with people.

So here we are.
It's Wednesday and I'm up early, as usual, trying to wrap
my head around what's on tap for today.

Enjoying how life seems to unfold, in the most surprising
ways, when we are willing to just, show up.

I feel so blessed and fortunate to have the wealth of friends
and associates surrounding me on a daily basis, encouraging
each other to persevere.

I am reminded too, how important it is that we support each
other, thru the day to day, trials and tribulations of life.
On the good days, as well as those not so good, having your
ducks in a row, so to speak, pays off with loving friends
supporting your efforts.

So there you have it, my thoughts for the moment.

Those of you who have managed to stay engaged and
read thru this, I thank you, one and all.

Remember to be grateful today.
To practice random acts of kindness.
To be the best that you can be.
Monkey see.
Monkey do.
Pass it forward People!

: )




No comments:

Post a Comment