Monday, July 11, 2011

Time Flies If You're Having Fun or Not.

Photographer Mark Diamond's work
at The Awarehouse in Wynwood.

JeanPaul Mallozzi's "Secrets" @Awarehouse
in Wynwood.

Danny Weiss and yo MOMMA,
class mates, Gables High 1966.

Collage @Praxis.
Performance Artist @Zadok Gallery
in Wynwood.

Carl Hildebrand and ladies
showing the LOVE for
yo MOMMA : )




BAC Artist Gerry Stecca showing
@L M N T Gallery in Wynwood.
All done with clothespins.

BAC Artist Patricia Gutierez's work
@L M N T Gallery.

Patricia Gutierrez's installation
@ L M N T Gallery

Good Morning World.

It's already mid July and this is my first blog entry since the end of May.

Where does the time go?

The eternal question, I suppose.

Getting ready for a busy day ahead.

First stop, Maroone Nissan for the first oil change on my new car.

Next stop, D.E.R.M in downtown Miami to pay more money for the right to operate legally
as an Artist, in my Studio.

Then on to USPS and UPS to take care of business.

Hopefully, I'll make it to my Studio and actually accomplish making some Art.

This past weekend went by in a flash.

Had a lovely early evening with Carl Hildebrand on Friday.
First "Midnight in Paris" @The Gateway Cinema in Ft. Lauderdale
and then a light bite @Heart Rock.

Saturday night, Carl and I went to 2nd Saturday Wynwood Artwalk.
We visited many Galleries and kept being prepared to be swept away.

Unfortunately, for me, it didn't happen.

Nothing really turned me on. : (

That's not entirely true, though...
What turned me on was running into all my peep's.
It's been a long time since I was last in Wynwood
and it was great seeing old friends and my favorite
haunts.

We ended our evening @Magnum Lounge, where
we shared a delicious burger and called it a night.

Yesterday, I went to the Yellow/Green Market here
in Hollywood.
What a disappointment that was too.

Nothing to see or buy.
Pathetic, really.
Sorry that this Fresh Market concept is not taking off.

I was hoping to see "Beginners" @The Gateway, but that
didn't work out either : (

Yikes, what's up with all these less than stellar results
I keep asking myself?

The only answer I can come up with is, what's wrong
with me?

I'm wise enough to realize that when I am most unhappy
it has nothing to do with other people, places or things,
but rather with something going on with me.

Ah, reality, it's a hard pill to swallow...
but the facts remain the same.

What to do about this???

Thought perhaps getting this out in blog form might
tweek some changes in my perspective.

Not feeling the shift yet, but recognizing that there
are new opportunities, awaiting me.

So there you have it folks.

My hope is that my next blog post will include
images of some new Art work by yo MOMMA.

Wish me luck.

In the meantime, today as I walk the walk,
may I not lose sight of the destination.

One day @ a time.

Easy does it.

Let go.

This too shall pass.

Enjoy the possibilities.







2 comments:

  1. Myra, so good to see you always at LMNT Contemporary Arts. Swing by when you can and chat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you had been bowled away by Patricia, Cheryl and Gerry's work at the What appears to be exhibit. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete